Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to make my Notebook a better gaming laptop.  It’s very thin, and I am having a hard time finding out how to open the back panel.

My question is which is the best and fastest NVIDIA gaming video card that will fit easily into this laptop?  Considering the location and if my laptop won’t have overheating problems with the new video card.

Also, I want to add another 8 gb ram memory card.  Can I buy just one ram stick?  To supplement the current 8 gb that came with the manufacturer?

Can anyone tell me how many pins and a link to the video card that would actually work and the memory stick that would work by links to an actual product?

This is my system:

HP Laptop Model: i7bs067cl

HP Pavilion Laptop PC Notebook

Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7 GHz, Turbo up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB L3 Cache 

8 GB DDR4 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

Graphics Coprocessor: Intel HD Graphics 620 (Integrated) with up to 4160 MB total graphics memory

Windows 10 

Im having a hard time looking at the bottom of the laptop.  Is there a link that shows how to open this particular model up to put in a memory card upgrade myself, and look at the video card for this model?

Original post: What is the fastest NVIDIA Gaming Video Card I can upgrade on my HP Laptop Model: i7bs067cl 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Twixtro

The following link shows its specs

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05795104

It has NO place for you to install a video card even the card is very thin like paper. Full stop.

As you can see, it has Graphics Coprocessor: Intel HD Graphics 620 (Integrated) and this is embedded with CPU and motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Twixtro

The following link shows its specs

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05795104

It has NO place for you to install a video card even the card is very thin like paper. Full stop.

As you can see, it has Graphics Coprocessor: Intel HD Graphics 620 (Integrated) and this is embedded with CPU and motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As @banhien stated you can not upgrade with a dedicated video card as modern notebooks have the video card integrated on the motherboard (soldered) along with the graphics subsystem. So the only way would be to replace the motherboard (along with CPU which is also soldered to motherboard). This would probably cost more than buying a new notebook with desired specs.

Now for the RAM:

Your PC supports 16GB of DDR4 2400Mhz RAM (2x8GB) according to the service manual. However, HP DDR4 systems will run with 32GB of RAM (2x16GB) so that would be your actual max. There are two slots and at the moment you have one 8GB stick in one slot and one empty slot. So yes, you can add another 8GB stick in the empty slot. You can buy from your preferred brand such as Crucial, Samsung...

On page 48 of service manual you can see the steps to replace upgrade RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05963248

Example of RAM:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//hp-17-bs067cl

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply!  I really appreciate your time on this matter!

HP Recommended

Hi.  Thank you very much for the links!  I also didn’t know I could go up to 32 GB Ram!  Do you know if by upgrading from 8 GB to 32 GB Ram, it will signifucantly help FPS for gameplay?  Like fortnite game?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.