Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 CW0007LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am interested in this laptop but I find there is very little information on the internet. I have been unable to check reviews on the product. How upgradable is it? and other information that would help me decide about buying it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Comes with 12 gigs of DDR4-2400 and can be upgraded to 16 gigs or 2 x 8 gig DDR4-2400. Here's the Service Manual so you can see how to get into the memory compartment.

Manual

There is some feedback from other Users that the AMD Ryzen systems can use 2 x 16 for 32 gigs. 

The video system is integrated and is the 

AMD Radeon Vega 6 Mobile Graphics (Ryzen 3 2300U processor)

The jury is still out a bit on Ryzen. In theory it is a game changer for AMD and rivals Intel Core systems but in practice we are seeing some complaints about its performance. 

If I were buying a new laptop I would stick with an Intel i5 or i7 system and hold off on the Ryzen until it proves itself more.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Comes with 12 gigs of DDR4-2400 and can be upgraded to 16 gigs or 2 x 8 gig DDR4-2400. Here's the Service Manual so you can see how to get into the memory compartment.

Manual

There is some feedback from other Users that the AMD Ryzen systems can use 2 x 16 for 32 gigs. 

The video system is integrated and is the 

AMD Radeon Vega 6 Mobile Graphics (Ryzen 3 2300U processor)

The jury is still out a bit on Ryzen. In theory it is a game changer for AMD and rivals Intel Core systems but in practice we are seeing some complaints about its performance. 

If I were buying a new laptop I would stick with an Intel i5 or i7 system and hold off on the Ryzen until it proves itself more.  

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the reply. Is it possible to also upgrade this system with an SSD? Is it possible to have a dual configuration? 

HP Recommended

Yes per the Manual supports a hard drive (2.5 inch) and an M.2 SSD either SATA or PCIe/NVME. 

HP Recommended

Once again thank you for your assistance. The last question, is there a way to adopt an external GPU to this computer? Or to improve the graphical processor?

HP Recommended

No;  eGPUs require a Thunderbolt port and your USB-C is data transfer only. There is no way to speed up the video system on the laptop itself. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.