Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax001ns (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have a couple of questions.

The hard drives on my OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax001ns are:

SATA de 1 TB 7200 rpm
SSD M.2 de 128 GB

1) What is the exact model of the SSD M.2 in this laptop?
2)is it possible to change the SSD in my laptop for a bigger SSD (for example Samsung Evo 980 Pro 1TB)? 
3) I want to install Linux too, is a good idea to make a partition of 1TB SSD in case of being able to switch to it in the first place?
4)How much space would you consider for each OS? Im starting to learn how to program and I currently use my SSD for Windows (for example to edit photographs on Photoshop)

Thanks a lot, cheers!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DulceDeLeche

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the type of SSD you have on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The SSD on the computer is M.2 SATA 3 SSD. You can go ahead and upgrade the SSD on the computer however, the maximum tested SSD on your computer is 512GB.

Refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

About the Linux installation and the space required, I don’t have any expertise in the Linux operating system and I will not be able to assist you in this regard.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just a question, when you say "The SSD on the computer is M.2 SATA 3 SSD" isnt M.2 refered as "M.2-PCIe/NVMe" ? I read there is 2 types of SSD, M.2-PCIe/NVMe and SATA. Which one you are refering? Because being both included in the sentence confused me.

Appreciate the fact that you told me 500gb is the maximum tested, thats a great piece of information to take into consideration. 

Thanks for your time! 

HP Recommended

@DulceDeLeche

The M.2 SATA 3 hard drive will have two notches (B and M). However, the M.2 PCIe and NVMe will have only an M key and they both look similar. The difference between the NVMe drive and PCIe is the speed. You can google this and check the images for more clarity.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.