Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-3150el Entertainment Notebook PC

Hi!

Yesterday i've upgraded this laptop with an new ssd 256gb, and fresh installation of windows 10 64 bit, cleaned dusty and new thermal paste!
Now this laptop is really nice to use it. 

This laptop support Intel boost technology, and if i check on hp website over windows 7 drivers, i found several drivers to working this features.. so, i think for now this feature is disabled. What driver i need to use it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook was only supported by HP for W7, so no W10 drivers were ever released for it.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the W7 driver in hope that it works.

Driver - HP Pavilion dv6-3150el Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

That's what I have done in the past for my PC's that had no W10 drivers.

I've even had to use Vista and XP drivers on W10 for some devices.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook was only supported by HP for W7, so no W10 drivers were ever released for it.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the W7 driver in hope that it works.

Driver - HP Pavilion dv6-3150el Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

That's what I have done in the past for my PC's that had no W10 drivers.

I've even had to use Vista and XP drivers on W10 for some devices.

HP Recommended

Thanks, now i try.

i forgot to explain an issue: the clock of windows is wrong when i turn off the pc. The time and date still the same of when i turn off

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't quite understand the problem.

If the time and date are correct in Windows when you shut down, how can the clock be wrong?

Do you mean the hands on the digital round clock icon in the control panel point to a different time?

HP Recommended

Please sorry for my bad english. The problem is:

I syncronize date and ore on setting "sync via internet" and all it's okay.

I turn off the pc, for example, now at 14:41 of 18/03/2023. If i turn on the pc tomorrow, the date and time will be "14:41 18/03/2023", meaning what the clock don't go forward while pc is off.. and i need to re-sync by setting
But first of this upgrade, it was working..

HP Recommended

OK, now I understand.

I've never come across that problem before.

I doubt it is the CMOS/RTC battery because if it was, you would get a report in the BIOS that the time and date needs to be set.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to go through the troubleshooting steps at the link below and see if any of those fix the problem.

Windows 10 clock not syncing - Microsoft Community

HP Recommended

I tried some step, but is not enough.. and now i noticed that i cant enter into bios! Normally, i can enter with "esc" key, and i see this instruction at below/left side of the screen. Now this instruction isn't present and if i press the ESC key don't work. 

Now i try to remove battery, cmos battery, ram and press turn off button for 30 second, keep in this state for 15 minutes and then i want to try another way.

HP Recommended

Sounds like you have a real mess on your hands.

Did you try just pressing the F10 key to get into the BIOS?

HP Recommended

Yesterday i had bought a new cr2032, assembled all, then at first startup there was a warning: "faulty cmos setting, press enter to reset". Then, i sincronyzed the clock of windows normally via internet, and now all work fine! 

Solved! 

HP Recommended

Excellent!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.