Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 15

looking at THIS envy, I don't see a fan vent anywhere.

it's pretty much impossible to build an i5 laptop without a cooling fan, isn't it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am using an Envy 15 loaner as part of the HP Expert program and it has a fan on the bottom back edge where the battery would normally be-with vents across the bottom edge and also on the back of laptop. If you look at the design of the lid/display when it is opened the back edge curves ever so slighty under the back edge of the Envy. This is where the fan and vents are. This design elevates the back of laptop slightly to allow airflow. Really a neat design,imo.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am using an Envy 15 loaner as part of the HP Expert program and it has a fan on the bottom back edge where the battery would normally be-with vents across the bottom edge and also on the back of laptop. If you look at the design of the lid/display when it is opened the back edge curves ever so slighty under the back edge of the Envy. This is where the fan and vents are. This design elevates the back of laptop slightly to allow airflow. Really a neat design,imo.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thnx 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.