Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-cf0014dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. I am trying to find the right usb-c hub to use with my HP Notebook 14-cf0014dx. I bought a third party dock (iBesi 11-in-1) that doesn't seem to be fully functioning with this notebook -- it recognizes my ethernet and my usb mouse, but not my speakers or my external hard drive. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will help me organize my desk so that the chords from those four things aren't all plugged into the notebook directly. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with the iBesi. I got another one on Amazon. The HP-specific docking station is ridiculous for the money. I will keep trying Amazon -- i get the product in a day or 2 and returns are free if they don't work. I'd recommend you do that too.

HP Recommended

I returned the initial hub that didn't work. Then I tried another, and it didn't really work right either (it wouldn't recognize the ethernet and it caused audio stuttering problems), so I'll be returning that to. So does anyone know which usb-c hub will actually work with this notebook??

HP Recommended

I still need help in this area if anyone can provide it. I tried reaching out to customer service but got nothing useful out of them. I am looking for a hub for my HP Notebook - 14-cf0014dx. There are different HP hubs available (e.g., HP USB-C Travel Dock, HP Thunderbolt Dock, HP Spectre USB-C Travel Dock, etc.), but they are all pretty expensive. I don't want to risk spending more money on a hub that might not work.

Is there anyone out there who has the same laptop that has found a working hub? Or anyone who actually works at HP that can help me confirm which hubs/docks will work with my computer? I'm getting desperate and frustrated with the product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.