Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Feeling frustrated, after purchasing one of the premium product of HP and came to know that it do not support USB C type to HDMI converter. Which alternatively means I am not able to attach two monitor to my system at a time.

Been to nearest store and service station and came to know they do not have any solution to it,

My product is : HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

Product No. 8GA93PA#ACJ

Serial No. [Personal Information Removed]

I have two acer curved monitor 32 inch each having two HDMI port and One USB port only.

My Laptop have 2 USB, 1 HDMI and 1 USB C port.

I want to connect both the monitor as Extended one how to do it.

1 Monitor can be attached directly through HDMI which is working perfectly fine, but for the other one I am using an adapter to convert USB C type to HDMI and then further HDMI to Monitor.

Tried with all multiple USB C type converter (Purchased, Surface, and other two products).

Funny part is the same is working perfectly fine with a 30K budgeted laptop of Del but its not working with mine.

Please Help

My email address is : [Personal Information Removed]

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SatyajibanRoy 

Your machine is an  HP Pavilion x360 - 14-dh1026tx, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06433513

It ONLY has  1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port which does not support Alt mode therefore USB-C to HDMI won't work.

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

For example

https://www.displaylink.com/products/find?cat=1&res=1920x1080&num=2&br=5&vid_hdmi=1&usba=1

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@ Banhien

Thanks for the suggestions.

But if I go by the Specs of my product it say's (2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only)), Does it means I am not able to transfer video through this USB A port ?

The products are quite costly and I do not want to take risk by purchasing it with no use. ( I have purchased 4 different Type C adapter which is waste of money )

HP Recommended

@SatyajibanRoy 

I'm using USB-A docks now, not one but 4 of them and the one on the previous link works.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Banhien

I appreciate your support, few thing more as I am in India, kindly guide me which USB A to HDMI converter to purchase.(Specifically can be delivered in India).

If you kindly suggest the exact one will be really helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.