Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

The information above seems to provide certain details. I don't know if it is all you need. I might have been wrong about which drive is the solid state drive. I am a little concerned about the main drive degrading after less than a year. It is still under warranty, but I don't have a back-up system. This system mainly had Windows updates written to it until recently. Note: it is confusing to me since some reports make me think the secondary drive is SSD, but other tests say it is the primary drive, and it shows the 97% health. Original order seemed to say the SSD was the secondary drive. 

HP Recommended

Hello @JoshuaCaleb 

(1) Please cleanup < all drives > by following

The Best Way to Clean Windows 10: A Step-by-Step Guide

(2) Please report your results

HP Recommended

i looked at disk cleanup. it doesn't seem to have things particularly that need to be deleted. There is not a lot of temporary files that can be deleted. Those other things might be programs that are used specifically. I do notice that the SSD drive only has 70 something GB free, while the data HDD or whatever drive has a lot free. I suspect that it is possible that this system's main drive is smaller than the original laptop's hard drive, which I think was quite larger than the SSD on this one.

I can only think that it is a good idea that if I need to create a lot of files, or work with them, to use the secondary hard drive for storage for this purpose.

I don't want to delete programs, or user profile files, etc.

HP Recommended

Use button <Clean up system files>

ub6424_0-1659864051722.png

HP Recommended

delivery system files seem to be for windows updates and apps from the store. Do those have anything to do with uninstalling updates and system restore? What does deleting those do?

someone suggested on microsoft community that the SSD drive that is 97% may last many years, and different communications suggest that it has to do with the space that has been written. When files are cleared, it is still is written so many times that it still cannot be re-written. Is that true?

It seems probable that some data that is not programs may need to be stored on the data drive on this system (which is not SSD), which is way more space. I keep thinking about that all the years that I have had a desktop or laptop pc, that I never had a visual test that i know of. Possibly only disk defragmenter. some of those other command prompt tests show something, but they didn't show everything, so i would not have known if there was a percentage (unless it was quickly shown and i missed it). I also think that the SSD that i have here is smaller than the regular drive that was on the prior computer system, since it seems possible that more of the drive is used up on this system. 

However, I did have a lot that was not used up on the other system, and on this system, there is about 70 GB left. Still, I think it is probably smaller on this SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.