Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Original wifi card RT3209 suddenly burned out. It was mini PCI-E card. In that case I have opportinity to install some more modern card than original.  It wold be nice to have dual band 2.4/5 GHz, Bluetooth 4.0 and higher.

All variants I have found on Aliexpress have remark "not for HP, Lenovo". One of resellers directly states that it is necessary to rewrite white list in BIOS to install the card. I don't like idea to change stock BIOS (I have installed last possible update for my BIOS F.35 issued on 2017).

So I would appreciate any advices for wifi card upgrade.

Variants I have found on Aliexpress:

Realtek RTL8821AE

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377

Intel AC 7260

Product name HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC 
Product number F0G16EA#ACB

BIOS F.35

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no BIOS whitelist in your notebook, but Intel cards won't work in notebooks with AMD processors in a lot of situations.

I cannot find any specs on that model.

Does it have an Intel core or AMD processor?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no BIOS whitelist in your notebook, but Intel cards won't work in notebooks with AMD processors in a lot of situations.

I cannot find any specs on that model.

Does it have an Intel core or AMD processor?

HP Recommended

It is AMD "AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics "

HP Recommended

So. We have Realtek and Qualcomm options rest?

HP Recommended

This would be the best card for your situation...if there are currently two antenna cables connected to the Ralink card in there now.  I think there are, but I'm not 100% sure.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo     HP Part # 724935-001.

You should be able to find the card on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Before physically removing the Ralink wifi card, and installing the replacement card, uninstall the Ralink wifi and Bluetooth devices in the device manager and check the uninstall driver box.

If there is any Ralink Bluetooth software listed in the Programs section of the Windows control panel, uninstall that too.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Idea with deleteing old drivers and   hidden/not connectedd devices from device manager helped to improve connection speed on temprerary purchased USB wifi adaptor  from 8-10 mbs up to 60 .

HP Recommended

Thank you.

It is realy looks like no white list in the BIOS. Meanwhile I have found donor (old netbook with Intel 6250 mini PCI-e card ). The card works fine assuming it is a/b/g range  )

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.