Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I had this problem as well and couldn't understand why. I have the HP Assistant installed, which was really the cause of the issue for me. It was not offerring me any BIOS updates later than the F23 version I aready had. Jura55's post of the the latest BIOS being F31was the clue I needed (thanks).

So, for me, the simple solution was to go to the support page (spectre x360 15-ch0xx) and download the BIOS update for F31. Windows 10 (1903) updated fine for me after this.

HP Recommended

I am glad that updating your BIOS worked for you.  Unfortunately, I had already updated mine to F.31 when the 1903 update trashed my Spectre.  So updating the BIOS was not the answer for me--I'm still looking!

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my Spectre x360 15-CH011DX. Bios would not update to the 1903 through the HP assistant. I downloaded the BIOS through the actual HP website and it resolved my HP assistant unable to update windows error I was receiving. 

HP Recommended

Good Day...My pc is not updating. Error message reading "This PC can't run Windows 10". Any assistance please? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey, welcome to the HP community. I have a similar issue and it's a bio update that is necessary before being update to the next windows 10 update. I however did not update my bios as my laptop is currently working fine. Nevertheless, if you are still interested  on updating to windows 10 1903 then try updating the bios. You can go to the HP website to get the latest update on your BIOS for your specific device. To check what update you have just look up Registry Key, Hkey Local machine, Hardware, Description, system,  BIOS and you will see BIOS Version: (and it will give you which version you currently have so far.)

Anyhow, let me know how it goes hopefully it all works for you. 

HP Recommended

That's great, but my BIOS has already been updated, and the 1903 Update still crashed my Spectre.  

HP Recommended

I have my bois updated and it helps me to inctall win 10 1903

HP Recommended

I am glad that worked for you, but my BIOS has already been updated, and the 1903 Update still crashed my Spectre.  

HP Recommended

That is exactly what they told me!  What kind of half-***ed support is that!  

HP Recommended

HP Spectre Windows 10, 1903 update 

• Updated Response/Solution

Hello,

I am afraid we are unaware of the possible outcomes for the update. Although it is available to most users, we are still unaware of what the possible encountered issues for those who have updated their device. From what I have read from the responses  is that they vary from each user and it is unclear as to what BIOS version they have on their devices given the specificity of their response.

Also, some users with the F.31 BIOS version have reported to encounter issues downloading/installing the 1903 update. As I've mentioned earlier it seems unclear as to what issues, errors await in the horizon by manually updating the BIOS.

Disclaimer

Given the current available info from users and HP, I do not recommend to download the 1903 update. If you do download the update then do it at your own discretion as it might (must) be necessary to manually update your BIOS. Because for users like myself with the BIOS version F.23 10/15/2018, it goes into the phase of downloading the 1903 update but then it ends up trashing it. In the end, the update never completes and the BIOS error message pops up.  

Hopefully HP will fix this issue soon and provide us with a solution but until then let's wait. Although, the BIOS update might solve and help you download the 1903 update, but we are unaware of what possible issues it could bring with it. 

Again thank you all for your responses and contribution on this thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.