Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thanks for the clue on the BIOS update. I updated my 15-ab153nr to the new BIOS (F.83 A) and like you, still a no-go.

HP Recommended

Hey guys, good news! I just read here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-install-Windows-Creator-u...

that a new BIOS update is available (F.45A may 17th) and all seem to work fine!

I still haven't tried on my laptop though, the update is not yet released for my 15-ak112nl, but I guess it's a matter of days. Maybe your update is already available, just check it out :Wink:

HP Recommended

The info from the message above from sfn2 was spot on. That info resolved my issue.

I updated my HP 15-ab153nr to Creator Update after I  updated my BIOS to version F.45 Rev.A, 17 May 2017. After that, the install went fine.

HP Recommended
Thanks for the update. I checked and the new BIOS is available for the notebook models at my company. I haven't had a chance to update any of them, but will do so in the coming days.
HP Recommended

I'm happy to report the Crators update worked without any issues after updating the BIOS to F.45 on a Pavilion 17-G133cl and 17-G121wm notebook.

HP Recommended
Hmm - I backed out BIOS update to a previos version but the version didn't actually change! I haven't tried a double backout yet. I will & let you know (if I can)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.