Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does a Windows 10 driver exist for the IDT High Definition Audio Driver? The last one is sp63916, dated 10/18/2013, but it's for Windows 8.1. I looked at IDT/Tempo's website, but all of their drivers -- actually cab files -- state that they are "Windows 8.1 and later" dated at the latest from 11/07/2013.

When I clean-install Windows 10, Device Manager shows two generic Microsoft names for the audio device, but if I install the Windows 8.1 driver, one of the two is converted to an IDT one with the other Microsoft one remaining, which does not appear correct to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The other one is the Intel HD audio device that needs a driver.

It is installed by the Intel graphics driver.

You can also try this W10 IDT audio driver and see if it works better than the W8.1 driver...Restart the PC after installing.

6.10.6492.0 Rev.A

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

If the Intel graphics driver doesn't install the Intel audio device, let me know, and I will give you the method to manually install the Intel HDMI audio driver.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The other one is the Intel HD audio device that needs a driver.

It is installed by the Intel graphics driver.

You can also try this W10 IDT audio driver and see if it works better than the W8.1 driver...Restart the PC after installing.

6.10.6492.0 Rev.A

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

If the Intel graphics driver doesn't install the Intel audio device, let me know, and I will give you the method to manually install the Intel HDMI audio driver.

HP Recommended

What a great answer! Not only did you answer the question I asked, but you answered a question I didn't ask. I had forgotten that the Intel side appeared in Device Manager. I was wondering if I should manually install the latest Intel graphics driver (from Intel) which includes the audio driver, and I now I will.

HP Recommended

Glad to have been of assistance.

Note that the Intel HD audio driver is in a different folder than the graphics driver.

I like to download the zip file, extract it, and manually install the drivers from that file, vice running the exe file and getting the 'contact the PC manufacturer for a driver message.'

HP Recommended

the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.

that what it give me after installing the driver, by the way my laptop HP 620 and with win10 64

HP Recommended

Sadly this hasn't worked for me either ….ive just got this machine to fix up and installed a new hard drive as the last one was dead.....G61 435ST windows pro 10 64 bit and no sound and no supporting drivers even in compatibility mode for win 7....doh!

HP Recommended

This driver is not working for me 

HP Recommended

@Subh1 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the product number.

If you are using the same product as mentioned in the previous post, Have you tried the steps?

Please let me know if you are getting any error messages.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.