Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older HP 9810 laptop that I installed Windows 10 64 bit on. It works pretty well but noticed in Device Manager that the coprocessor is missing the driver. (Problem Devices
Coprocessor - PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&0B - The drivers for this device are not installed.)

Yet when I run a scan on here it doesn't show up. I've run Windows update and the results come back fine. I'm very close to going crazy cuz I think my laptop is plotting all of this. LOL

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That device is for an old NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset coprocessor controller.

There are no W10 drivers for such an old device, so see if this works to install the device...it usually does.

This driver has to be manually installed as follows...

Download and run this file.  It will most likely not install the driver automatically.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37730.exe

Go to the device manager, and click on the coprocessor device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp37730.

Make sure that the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

That device is for an old NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset coprocessor controller.

There are no W10 drivers for such an old device, so see if this works to install the device...it usually does.

This driver has to be manually installed as follows...

Download and run this file.  It will most likely not install the driver automatically.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37730.exe

Go to the device manager, and click on the coprocessor device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp37730.

Make sure that the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Paul. As soon as I get home I will give it a shot. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Paul, you are a genius! It worked on the first try. Again, thank you very, very much.

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.