Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had the blue screen of death about 10 times within the last month with different messages.   I have used the HP Support Assistance but it keeps telling me that everything is fine.  I ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic and it said that my computer has memory issues and that to fix it, I need to contact the computer manufacturer.  Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SuzqTx 

The "memory issue" means one or both of two issues:  First, a memory stick could be failing and that would need to be replaced.  Second, the built-in memory controller chip on the system board could be failing and that can NOT be replaced.

So, you would need to buy a new memory stick and have someone with technical knowledge about opening a laptop and replacing the memory do that for you -- unless you are experienced in doing this yourself.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Where would be a good place to buy that memory stick and which one would I purchase?  Thank you for your response!!

HP Recommended

pcdiags means what message upon boot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.