cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzqTx
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows Memory Diagnostic - Memory Problem and How to Contact Computer Manufacture

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had the blue screen of death about 10 times within the last month with different messages.   I have used the HP Support Assistance but it keeps telling me that everything is fine.  I ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic and it said that my computer has memory issues and that to fix it, I need to contact the computer manufacturer.  Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,554 29,463 2,685 6,488
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SuzqTx 

The "memory issue" means one or both of two issues:  First, a memory stick could be failing and that would need to be replaced.  Second, the built-in memory controller chip on the system board could be failing and that can NOT be replaced.

So, you would need to buy a new memory stick and have someone with technical knowledge about opening a laptop and replacing the memory do that for you -- unless you are experienced in doing this yourself.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

0 Kudos
SuzqTx
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where would be a good place to buy that memory stick and which one would I purchase?  Thank you for your response!!

0 Kudos
Thatguy247again
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pcdiags means what message upon boot

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation