Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 n-018TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

Which is the best and suitable wifi card that supports 5GHz that i should install on my notebook? And currently it has RT3290 as the  wireless network card

Here is the product no.- F2C04PA#ACJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it does, or I wouldn't have recommended it to you.

I have the same card...upgraded from a different card so I could miracast.

Works fine on both bands.

Here are the specs...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260.html

Bands   2.4 GHz, 5 GHz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has two wifi antenna cables connected to the Ralink wifi card, you can upgrade to this model...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find one on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure....

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04439615

Before installing the replacement card, go to the Windows control panel>programs>uninstall a program, and if there is any Ralink bluetooth software listed there, uninstall it.

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the bluetooth device manager category.

Right click on the Ralink/Mediatek bluetooth adapter, select uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Then go down the list to the Network adapters device manager category, click to expand that, right click on the Ralink wifi adapter, select uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel wifi card.

HP Recommended

Does this wireless network card support 5GHz of network as my main purpose of replacing the wireless card is the unavailability of 5GHz support.

HP Recommended

Yes it does, or I wouldn't have recommended it to you.

I have the same card...upgraded from a different card so I could miracast.

Works fine on both bands.

Here are the specs...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260.html

Bands   2.4 GHz, 5 GHz

HP Recommended

Thank you so much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Make sure your notebook has two antenna cables connected to the Ralink card.

The Intel 7260 needs two cables in order to work correctly.

HP Recommended

My laptop has two cables attached on the card.

So does this mean that my laptop has two cables? 

HP Recommended

Yes, you are good to go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.