Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My company recently received new laptops from HP but they came with an Intel Management Engine Firmware issue at boot. I also noticed that the BIOS version is newer than the official one on HP's site. I've tried to rollback the BIOS but it seems to have been locked by administrator. I can access BIOS and settings and the option to prevent rollback by admin is not checked off in BIOS. Resetting CMOS, BIOS file/USB and updating from BIOS directly does not work as it still says it is locked as admin. Any ideas? Can this be reset for rollback or am I going to have to return to HP?

If you look at the BIOS this what we see (official from HP site):
R70 Ver. 01.01.06 05/14/2019

The 'newer' incorrect version:
R70 Ver. 01.02.00 06/18/2019

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm also facing the same issue on boot with IME on 830 G6. BIOS release is  R70 Ver. 01.02.00 06/18/2019. We've got dozens units of this model. 

HP Recommended

Hello, 

we have the same problem, but with refer to WWAN.  We unpacked and Error was upon first Boot.

error.jpg

HP Recommended

Someone came up with a solution on my end. You can try this and hopefully it will work for you as it did for me.

1. Hardline laptop

2. F10 (Boot Menu)

3. Click Advanced

4. Click Secure Boot Config

5. Set it to: Legacy Boot Disabled & Secure Boot Enabled

6. Reboot

7. F10 (Boot Menu)

8. Main Tab

9. Update Bios

10. Select Continue

11. Update fails, Bios remains the same, IME rolls back, fixing firmware issue

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP released new ver. of BIOS on Friday.  Release R70 ver. 01.02.01 (26.08.2019)- which repair this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.