Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Got it, It was the intel integrated sensor solution driver. I stop the windows driver updates with the registry and after installing one by one from HP Site I could pinpointed the problem to the intel sensor driver package.

M&F Technologies.

HP Recommended

So, which was it, Elan or Sensor Solution?  You mentioned both.

Update:

It's that Intel driver, regardless of version tried (tried latest on HP's site and the next latest), but this is a most curious thing: since when does the presence of a driver (again, regardless of version) that's supposed to be there cause this sort of a problem?  It doesn't make sense. Are we to assume that it was never there before this problem?!

And why all of a sudden, assuming the driver was actually there all along, which surely it must have been?  I didn't see any evidence of it being updated in WU history. Maybe HP Support Assistant ?

As for stopping the driver from reinstalling automatically, I don't know how the reg fix (ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate=1) and/or the setting in "Devices and Printers" (shown in your screenshot) worked for you, since they only apply to Windows Update itself, not however Device Manager/the system is triggering the driver installation the instant you enable Internet.

So I couldn't hide the driver fast enough before it would automatically reinstall.

One thing I didn't try which might have worked: temporarily enabling metered mode for the wireless connection.

What did work: outright disabling that device in Device Manager.

HP Recommended

Dear readers,

I got the same issue with an HP x360 spectre pro convertible laptop.

The problem occured directly after replacing a cracked screen. The original screen was FHD (1080x1920) the replacement was QHD (2560x1440) from a salvaged x360 pro (no spectre).

- When in UEFI BIOS, the keyboard is functioning properly, including keyboard backlight.
- As soon as Win10 (build 1803) is loaded, the keyboard and mousepad aren't working and backlight is off. Only functioning keys are the hardware volume up/down-keys and Windows-key at the right side of the device.

- I tried installing PrimeOS (Android x86-family) besides Win10. In the GRUB-bootloader the keyboard is still working, but ceases to work when the kernel is started. Alltough, somehow the pointing device DOES work in PrimeOS. Only the keyboard doesn't.

- I got it all to work now after disabling the Intel Integrated Sensor Solutions driver and a restart. 

My best guess:

The keyboard should be disabled by default when the device is folded double in tablet mode or closed. At some point, it seems that the changed hardware causes the sensor firmware to malfunction. Therefore the device acts like it is closed and disables the input devices?

HP Recommended

Yes definitely the intel integrated sensor did it.  Disabled it and now keyboard and mouse work again, thank goodness.  What a pain.  First forum said to install it then another one said to disable it,  Run a computer repair service and my customer comes in to pick up x360 hp laptop and no keyboard and mouse she has to leave and come back to get it so I can turn them back on.  NOT GOOD.

HP Recommended

hey,

same issue, post RAM and Harddrive upgrade + Reinstallation of x64 bit Window 10. Started having some keyboard issues, specifically incorrect button input. i.e. I would press the A key and it would open internet explorer.  Although it would go away after awhile, I wanted to solve the problem. so I went into "device manager" and "disabled" the "intel integreted sensor driver". 

i'll repost later with an update of the problem to see if it indeed was solved. 

thnx  

HP Recommended

P.s. after a giant update, the problem appeared again. Same issue, disable the integrated sensor and it is working again.

HP Recommended

Disabling the intel integrated sensor solution driver worked for me too. After trying everything else, this + restart fixed it. Here's a description of how to disable the driver, since I haven't seen a step-by-step posted in this thread: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-keyboard-driver-issue-with-Wi...

HP Recommended

The best part is that we'll have to do this twice a year forever (two major Windows updates a year). Good times.

HP Recommended

I tried everything upon everything and disabling the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution worked! Thanks!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-keyboard-driver-issue-with-Wi...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.