Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC (J6M42PA#ACJ)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC with Windows 8.1 (64bit). I am not able to open the youcam application. It says "YouCam.exe stops working". I tried uninstalling and installing the software and also the drivers but nothing worked. 

Some times, the software opens and says the below warning

"YouCam found a new webcam (HP Truevision HD). Do you want begin using it?; YES/NO."

When I choose YES. Then after 3 seconds, another warning appears which says:

"YouCam cannot connect to your webcam (HP Truevision HD). Try selecting another capture device within settings, or close any applications that may be using this webcam and then restart YouCam."

On one hand, I don't see any other option other than HP Truevision HD in the YouCam option and also in the system Device Manager. 

On the second hand, there are no other applications were the webcam is using. I have checked thoroughly and even booted the system by disabling all the applications in the startup window and also by disabling from msconfig option.

I have also tried the options that have seen in the HP community and none of them worked.

Please, help me out in the epidemic situation 😕

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@VS09
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Let's try Webcam driver rollback.

1. Open Device Manager. 
  2. In Device Manager, locate Imaging device,
  3. Right-click on the Webcam device and choose Properties. 
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Select the Roll Back Driver button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I can't do the rollback option because the driver was not updated. Even, when I select the option to update the driver, it says, the driver is up to date.  

I have also tried uninstalling the driver and installed it again but, it did not work.

HP Recommended

@VS09

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try Microsoft System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to perform Microsoft System Restore.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did the system restore and still have the same problem again. If the problem is due to the driver, then is there any option like I can download the driver externally and install it manually.?

Thank you for your reply.

HP Recommended

@VS09

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

I did the windows update from option 1 that is, Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. I did not see any recommended updated but some optional. However, I updated all of them.

With the second option, that is the HP Support Assistant icon, and I don't see any updates for my notebook.

I have still have the same problem as I mentioned in my first message. HP notebooks support any other external CAM software other than YOUCAM ?? I am thinking maybe the problem is with YOUCAM that is not supported with the drivers I have in my notebook.

Please, suggest me how can I rectify this problem and are there any other external camera software applications that I can use with the HP Truevision HD driver

Thank you 

Vishnu SAMALA

HP Recommended

@VS09

Let's try this: SP69718 file download Cyberlink YouCam Software.

Please click “Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi VSO9 I have no camera software after a windows 10 update for over  year and I've tried YouCam various times and it does not work. I agree with you that HP needs another camera solution.

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.