Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Zbook Mobile Workstation 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was going to upgrade the Ram in a work ZBook 15 G5, however I've been unable to open the socket, usually these are pull up however this isn't doing this.

I found a YouTube video relating to the upgrade however this process is not clearly shown and there's terrible music over the top of it to listen to the commentary.

Which way does this open up?keyboard connector.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Does any one know how this gate opens?

Is it upwards, do you pull it across.  All teh other gates seem to open fine.

I'm unable to put the keyboard in.

Why can't HP provide easy instrtuctions for RAM upgrades.

HP Recommended

Why is it so hard to find out how to use this kind of ZIF socket?

I have almost mangle the ribbon trying to get it back together.

One extra line in the maintenance and service manual would have been useful.

Where was the video you found? I could only find videos for older versions of the ZBook.

My ZIF sockets slide a bit to the left, but I can't get the ribbon to  hold and it takes enough force to move that I am afraid to break it. All the other ZIF sockets on the board have a clearly marked pull tab or lever except the keyboard.

HP Recommended

I managed to get the ribbon cable in by using force and now some of the keys don't work. I will probably have to send the laptop out to be fixed because of a lack of documentation on a ZIF socket. This can't be how it is supposed to work. I have more of these to do. I am hoping an HP Tech or Engineer will chime in as this is a simple question that can be easily solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.