Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g6-2213sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi. i have hp pavilion g6-2213sa with Amd a8-4500m preinstalled cpu i want to upgrade it to a10-5750m and i want to know that will be support by the main board or not? my bios version: F.2A 18/07/2016

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c03593126 (hp.com)

The supported processors can be found in chapter 1.

The AMD® A10-4600M processor would be a supported processor for your notebook.

The AMD A10-5750m would not be a supported processor.

HP Recommended

The manual was written in 2012 but the a10-5750m has released in 2013. Both have the same socket and also the same wattage. I think bios will handle that

HP Recommended

I'm not so sure about that.

Here is the service manual for the newer model g6-2300 AMD series, and it still only shows the AMD® A10-4600M is supported.

c03593126 (hp.com)

So, if you want to experiment with the a10-5750m, please post back and let us know if it worked.

HP Recommended

I have heard from someone that did this upgrade and it worked but i completely want to 100% sure that it is working. 

HP Recommended

IMG_20201229_232019.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.