Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hppavilion dv6-612tx notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi i am hemanth ...i am using a hp pavilion dv6-612tx notebook..i have a ram size of 4 gb originaly with the product..but today recently i have given the lappy in a shop for cleaning purpose after i got back my lappy when i see the system info in my computer  i was able to see that the installed ram is of 2.45 only....???my question is will 4 gb ram will show 4gb installed ram or 2.45 only???please say me quickly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Hemanth17,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post about the installed memory size showing incorrectly on your Pavilion dv6612tx notebook and wanted to reach out to you.

Was the correct amount showing before you had the system cleaned? Is it only the installed memory value that is wrong or the available memory?

If the system is showing 4GB but 2.54GB usable, the system recognizes that the memory is installed, but is reserving some memory for hardware operations.

It is possible that the maximum memory option has been selected. To change this you would need to go into the system configuration and check the Advanced options under the Boot tab.

You can also try testing for a hardware problem or removing and reinstalling the memory using the steps in the service manual (page 53) if you feel there is a physical issue with the memory.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Hemanth17,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post about the installed memory size showing incorrectly on your Pavilion dv6612tx notebook and wanted to reach out to you.

Was the correct amount showing before you had the system cleaned? Is it only the installed memory value that is wrong or the available memory?

If the system is showing 4GB but 2.54GB usable, the system recognizes that the memory is installed, but is reserving some memory for hardware operations.

It is possible that the maximum memory option has been selected. To change this you would need to go into the system configuration and check the Advanced options under the Boot tab.

You can also try testing for a hardware problem or removing and reinstalling the memory using the steps in the service manual (page 53) if you feel there is a physical issue with the memory.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.