Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Gunter0:

Thank you so much!

What worked for me was that I changed the value from REG_SZ to REG_DTYPE and followed yours and the previous guys gave and voila, it works. Thanks a bunch guys.

HP Recommended

The Original question I posted here in the forum was:

"How do I adjust the length of time the keyboard stays lit on a  hp 15-da0031nr  ? "

any idea's on this?

HP Recommended

If you guys are not comfortable in the registry, you can copy the following text into a file with the .reg extension and run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\Policy]
"WhqlSettings"="e0000001"
"BootUpgradedSystem"=dword:00000000
"UpgradedSystem"=dword:00000000
"WhqlDeveloperTestMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SynTP\Parameters]
"KBCNotifyConfig"=dword:00000000

HP Recommended

I do not have a SynTP key in my registry. Could you help me out?

HP Recommended

I previously flagged this solution as malware.  It seems I was mislead when things got hot; I must apologize, this solution works!

HP Recommended

Same here I do not have the SynTP key in my registry either any word on what i should go to?

HP Recommended

anyone know how to do in ELAN touchpad ?

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly for me 😊

I called the HP care services and the tech used this file to fix my problem over the phone.

He was in Tunisia and i'm in Canada an d i was very happy with the service he gave me.

I suggest you try it if you don't want to take a chance of doing it yourselves.

By the way, the technician was aware of this problem and he too could not understand why this simple thing has been left off the new series of Spectres.

He told me that they will probably issue a fix soon.

HP Recommended

tested and works on 15-df1033dx

for anyone too lazy (lol) or if you feel iffy about touching some things, here is a repack with modified kbdfix.bat that will copy the driver and write the registry the way it needs to be, along with create the service to start with windows, no need for task scheduler

the only issue i see with this is that the signing cert is valid to 11/24/2021, maybe it refuses to work after that? someone more knowledgeable than I should chime in on that...

just run kbdfix.bat as admin

https://drive.google.com/file/d/167EljhBAipQMzBYQUW4aPfuFzkzlv8g4/view

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! This worked like a charm, if somebody knows the answer to the question about the certificate that would be great, although hopefully HP will have fixed this major problem by then, although I seriously have my doubts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.