Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp with error message after running test on mouse was..intel pentium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after updating my computer my wireless mouse and plug in mouse will not function now.  ran a test on mouse.  it failed.  new batteries in it too.  failed message was M4SFPR-8JD9QS-MFPX6K-G1WF03.  any ideas will be helpful,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is how that error Code translates:

M4SFPR-8JD9QS-MFPX6K-G1WF03 

I/O Device Bill Acceptor, Cursor Device, I/O Board, Joypad, Joystick, Keyboard, Mouse, Pen, Strip Reader, Stylus, Touch Button, Touch Pad, Touch Panel

Mouse Button Failure

I think this would be a test on the built in touchpad not an external mouse, however. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If this failure code is from HP hardware diagnostics "the windows version" it might be false one

However to be sure that it is 100% hardware issue.

Turn off your unit, disconnect it from the power source charger etc. disconnect all devices attached to the unit including the dongle for the mouse/KB

While it is off press and hold the power button for 30 sec. then release it. insert the dongle back

Afterward turn on the unit and as fast as you can tap the "ESC" button a start up menu will appear.

Then hit "F2" then test the mouse and the KB.

try this it might fix your issue.

Regards,

Thumbs up and accept solution if solved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.