Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g153na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g153na (ENERGY STAR) with an AMD A10-8700P CPU & Radeon R6 & R7 M360 graphics. My problem is every time I upgrade the graphics via AMD Driver Support, Auto Driver Detect, it states in the Windows Device Manager that Display Adapters/Graphics is not functioning, & every time I try to resolve this situation, the same problem arises on both AMD GPUs.. Is there a fix to this situation, as it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BGSMX,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's start off by updating the drivers using Windows update: 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers from device manager:

Display drivers:

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, and graphics card drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the HP Support Assistant from the control panel and then reinstall the latest version.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply, but Windows Updates isn't updating, due to fact that a BIOS upgrade is required to update to Windows 10, version 1803, which I've done on many occasion, & still get the same request to update my BIOS settings. There is no mention about updating AMD Graphic Driver on Windows Update. So what do I do next, as I've been on the AMD website & updated to the latest AMD Graphics Settings, but get a message when I click on the AMD Graphics icon in the hidden icons in my taskbar stating that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware". I just don't understand that, as it's just AMD graphics that I want to install. Help please.
HP Recommended

@BGSMX,

I checked the details and below is the latest AMD driver available from HP for your computer. I recommend you install the below driver and it should take care of the issue as it is a tested driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80823.exe

Below is the latest BIOS available for your computer.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80252.exe

For the Windows update issue download and install Windows update troubleshooter and it will automatically fix the Windows update issues.

Follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

I have tried all this and as you can see from the picture belowWed 20-Nov-2019 No AMD graphics driver is installed.PNGI have got both graphics installed, but get the "No AMD graphics driver is installed" pop-up every time I boot up my laptop!

I can't even load up AMD Radeon Settings in the start menu!

Why is this happening, as the graphics is there, and is doing my head in.

If this continues, then I might have buy a new laptop, as this behaviour with the graphics is just not on.

Can anyone help here?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@BGSMX, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try creating a new user account and see if that helps. Follow the steps below-

1. Tap the Windows icon.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Select Family & other users.

5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9. Tap the Windows icon.

10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11. Select the new user. You'll then sign in to your account with your password from step 8.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the OS on your computer. Refer to the document HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)  for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.