Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-eu0000 (267R8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

I have a question about my battery. I bought my new laptop 3 days ago and it advertises as it has a good battery(up to 14 hours of use and up to 10 hours of videos). I have been using it now for these 3 days and could not get at least 10 hours of screen time. I am using it only to do some web browsing and to watch films, so nothing serious at this time and I get about 4-6 hours of screen time and that is nearly not a half. 

Can someone please help me if this is just a normal thing or should I do a warranty on the battery?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question 

Dave.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @PiciDave

take pictures of the battery report ( 14 cycles ) and contact the store. Your notebook has to be replaced.

"New" should be technically new, not as in your case.

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655636607924.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello PiciDave,

take time and look at this guide:

HP Business Notebook PCs - HP Battery Health Manager
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4449597-3519507-16

Overview:

HP Notebook PCs - Improving battery performance (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/ish_4034543-1660469-16

If you are not satisfied with the product, I would advise you to contact HP directly.

https://support.hp.com/

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655586663108.png

HP Recommended

Hello,

That is surprising!

Is your battery original?

Have you being using the correct charger?

Do you have Hp Support Assist if you do then could you do a battery check( device health section)?

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering me.

Well yes, I hope the battery is original because I bought it from the store 4 days ago. I also checked charge cycles and it has 14 cycles. My question is if this is normal for a new laptop because I was expecting it to be on zero cycles because it is new. I am of course using the original HP charger.

Do you think that I should contact the store that sold me the computer?

Dave.

HP Recommended

Hello @PiciDave

take pictures of the battery report ( 14 cycles ) and contact the store. Your notebook has to be replaced.

"New" should be technically new, not as in your case.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655636607924.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.