Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jabberjaws1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

base of my laptop cracked and hinge appears bent. weight of screen appears to be culprit.

hp 17by0062st 174 laptop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My 17 inch one year old laptop has a crack in the underneath of the base and the hinge connecting to the screen appears to be damaged on the left hand side. Computer is working fine, but I can't close the screen correctly. I was sitting with it on my lap and when i went to get up the weight of screen caused to screen to shift backward. The rep at Staples said he has seen this before and it shouldn't happen. This can't be normal. The product wasn't dropped or anything like that. It's a $600 plus computer. Model HP 17by0062st. Thank you for any help or advice.

1 REPLY 1
794 784 38 86
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

base of my laptop cracked and hinge appears bent. weight of screen appears to be culprit.

@Jabberjaws1

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation