Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 k202na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following the procedure given in HP Support Assistant to calibrate my notebook battery (reboot, press Esc when power light comes on, selsect F2 System Diags etc., etc) I find that pressing Esc when the power light comes on does not work.

Can anyone explain why this is so or offer anothe procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @beechguide

Thank you for joining in! Here at the forums you will find suggestions, solutions that worked for others and helping hands! I understand that you are having an issue with calibrating the battery on your Notebook PC. 

You can calibrate the battery using this document: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @beechguide

Thank you for joining in! Here at the forums you will find suggestions, solutions that worked for others and helping hands! I understand that you are having an issue with calibrating the battery on your Notebook PC. 

You can calibrate the battery using this document: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.