Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion o034ne
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi,
I have a pavilion 15 p 034 ne notebook.
I have "plugged in, not charging" error in Windows and detection my battery lelvel is 0%. My battery and adapter are safe and i tested this battery on other device after testing by multimeter.
This problem occurred after the bios update and will not be resolved.
i updated the bios to latest version V 57. i downloaded thats file from hp support site.
Can I redownload and install the previous version of the bios? thats version is 07
What can I do to solve the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@ENTER19989898, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are getting plugged in not charging error on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter?

As you mentioned you are getting error plugged in charging on your PC.

Check if the pin inside the DC or charging port is bent or broken.

Please perform the below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and hold the Power Button for a full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for the "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Also, try performing a hard reset on your laptop and check if it helps.

Please Shutdown the Notebook

Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Press and hold the Power Button for a full 1 Minute

Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Look for the "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon.

If the issue persists try updating BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update BIOS.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot battery issues with your laptop.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer to this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the hardware diagnostics test fails, Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi sir,
Thank you very much for your help, but my problem was not solved. Even with the bios update, the problem was not solved. But using hp pc hardware diagnostic windows, when I check the battery, it starts charging the battery for about 10 seconds, butwhen that is ended, displays the phrase in the image and show "pluged in not charging" error :

Logic state: OK

Charge state: Blown Fuse

photo_2021-01-03_21-58-55.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi@ENTER19989898

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you.

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.