Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1051wm

I did a component test like someone recommended on here because my battery wouldn't charge past 80%.  It failed saying I have a blown fuse, but nowhere on there was get support fro

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Are you under warranty?

HP Recommended

no warranty left.  Its less than 2 yrs old

HP Recommended

Then you will need to replace the battery. Do you need help with finding one to buy and how to install it?

HP Recommended

I called service center and they said with the fuse blown that it was probably the motherboard and in that case they can't do anything

HP Recommended

The fuse is in the battery. You can give up and just buy a new laptop but odds are a $50-75 battery will fix the problem. I don't sell batteries or laptops for that matter so not trying to sell you on either one. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

thank you for all your help, I told the service center it said blown fuse and that's what they told me.  I don't have a battery compartment on my laptop.  I ran another test and now it passed, so darn frustrated, but still won't charge full.  Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

The battery is replaceable. Don't be a passive consumer. You can fix the problem or just suffer through. Your choice. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Your battery does not have a fuse, I ran across this problem too.  If you think about it, it would show zero charge because of the open circuit cause by the blown fuse.  Your battery is probably getting towards the end of its useful life and you should consider replacing it.  What will happen in time is that it will finally get to zero charge, even running on the A/C charger.  When you turn on the computer with dead battery you will get a CMOS 502 error and you will have to reset the date and time, and the computer should operate as normal.  You will have to do this every time you start up.  The battery supplies power to the clock since there is no extra CMOS battery that powers the clock as in some older computers.  There are numerous "how to" videos on how to open a computer and replace a battery, some are on the HP web site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.