Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion Gaming 15-cx0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this problem that my laptop turns off when unplugged the charger where is the problem I can't find the solution.

thank you.

energy report 

ower Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name LAPTOP-A4NR842H Scan Time 2021-01-12T14:53:53Z Scan Duration 60 seconds System Manufacturer HP System Product Name HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx BIOS Date 11/13/2020 BIOS Version F.25 OS Build 19042 Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile Plugged In true Process Count 228 Thread Count 3121 Report GUID {706c8121-74c9-4b69-9eb9-ae1165309d69} Analysis Results Errors

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name USB Input Device Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0 Device ID USB\VID_1EA7&PID_0064 Port Path 1
CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
Average Utilization (%) 8.22
Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Battery report
COMPUTER NAME LAPTOP-A4NR842H SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME HP HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx BIOS F.25 11/13/2020 OS BUILD 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406 PLATFORM ROLE Mobile CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported REPORT TIME 2021-01-1217:53:23 Installed batteries
Information about each currently installed battery
  BATTERY 1 NAME PABAS0241231 MANUFACTURER Hewlett-Packard SERIAL NUMBER 41167 CHEMISTRY LION DESIGN CAPACITY 52,553 mWh FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 38,612 mWh CYCLE COUNT -

hp battery check 

charged 100% 

primary battery : OK(0)

design capacity : 4550 mAh

full charge capacity : 3343 mAh (73%)

remaining : 0 mA

1 b .jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Al-Khalidi

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue: 

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery.
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only.
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

hello thank you for answering and sorry for the late response  

I did exactly all steps that you said but it's still not working! any other solution? 

thank you 

HP Recommended

@Al-Khalidi

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake 

I will try to do this but first can you check my battery situation maybe it's damaged   

battery.jpg

thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.