Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-r006TU NoteBook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

for last 2 months. i'm experiencing an unexpected shutdown...means my laptop shutdown without even warning of battery level.... it shutdowns when battery level at 30 or 35% (at random level).... battery also drains fastly... so i googled...and i came up with many solutions....i tried some of them...like "Testing and Calibrating the Battery when laptop is not in use" ----> its like plug the chrger.Fully charge the laptop and restart in safe mode and unplug the charger and let the battery drain...NEXT i try " HP Support Assistant". In this i've done the battery check...and it says "Battery's OK"..

but the problem not solved....it again shutdown...and i have to stuck with charger..

i don't understand what the problem is...please HELP!...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is what I would do. Purchase a replacement  battery that is guaranteed to be compatible.

It does not have to be one that HP sells. That will greatly reduce the cost.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

How long have you been using the notebook?

Main batteries are only warrantied for one year.

If you have been using the notebook for more than one year then your battery may be close to complete failure. 

Most people get two to four years service life from a notebook battery,  but some do not.

Replacement batteries cost from @$40-60.00 USD.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=HP+15-r006tu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=JhzBW...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
It's been more than one year....so you think...i have to change notebook battery?
HP Recommended
And when plug the charger. Charging LED light turns white even if the battery not fully charged...
Is it still the battery issue? Or is it my laptop's internal harware problem?
HP Recommended

That could be a failure on the notebook's charging circuitry on the system board. 

Is the notebook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

HP Recommended
My notebook warranty status is expired...so what should I do then?
HP Recommended

You said that the charge led never turns amber?

My next step would be to source a new guaranteed compatible to replace the current one.

HP Recommended

NO.... i mean when battery's low...then i plug the charger and LED is amber...like normal...BUT when battery level gets around 70%....then LED tuns into white....that's the problem...i mean it has to be white at 100%...and when i unplug the charger....battery drains quickly....

HP Recommended

@kevintorch wrote:

NO.... i mean when battery's low...then i plug the charger and LED is amber...like normal...BUT when battery level gets around 70%....then LED tuns into white....that's the problem...i mean it has to be white at 100%...and when i unplug the charger....battery drains quickly....

That is an description of a failing battery.  Based on your description the battery no longer has much of its original capacity left. The 100% that is suposed to be when the led turns white  is no longer 100%.

If you invoke the HP Support Assistant click on Diagnostics and tools, and then HP Battery check to run the battery test. It  will show you how much capacity is actually remaining. Compare the Design capacity to the Full charge capacity.  Then click on Show advanced information next to Results in the upper left part of the  HP Batattery Check Window.

I will post an image shortly, that shows what I mean from the current HP product loan (HP Spectre 13-v021nd)  I am using.  My product loaner's battery has lost 4% of its design charge capacity. I have been using it for almost one year.

HP Battery Check.PNG

HP Recommended

This is the result of hp battery check...  design capacity and full charge capacity are same....

Capture.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.