Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible, T6T09UA#ABA.  Replaced the SSD a year ago with a Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 500GB. Since that time computer doesn't recognize the battery and gives a replace battery message. Recently ran HP Diagnostics and the battery test results are "cancelled". The test log reads: 

CeementBatteryCheckResult: 12 

DevicesSupported: 0 

DeviceCount: 0

My question is, how do I get my computer to recognize the factory installed battery ? Or how to get HP Diagnostics to run the battery test without cancelling before it runs ?                 

John J Zillner
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Because it isn't able to communicate with the battery, so it could not run the test.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I not that your Spectre X360 - 15-AP012DX  notebook comes from the 2015 market year. That would appear to mean that the battery has been around for four years or more.

Based on what you have stated, that would indicate to me that the battery has reached the end of its service life and the S.M.A.R.T. battery is no longer communicating with the notebook's BIOS.

It is time to replace the main battery with a new  guaranteed compatible one.

From the HP PartSurfer utility

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=T6T09UA#ABA

HP part number                                                         Generic part number

831731-850ASSY-BATT 3C 64WHr 5.68Ah PG03064XL-PL

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

OK so I need a new battery, but why didn't HP Diagnostics run the battery test ?

John J Zillner
HP Recommended

Because it isn't able to communicate with the battery, so it could not run the test.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.