Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a new Pavilion yesterday from Curry's UK - July 10, 2017

Registered it and recieved email confirming it

Support assitant says my warrantrty is expired

Tried to go to the warranty checker to dispute it, but I  get "

HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided"

Serial Number and Product Number were copied from Support assitant and double checked with whats on the back of the laptop and box it came in

Is there an email to dispute this?

thank you,

EJ Taylor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi joy_taylor,

Kindly call this number 0207 660 0596

Reference: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

You will be given a case number and they will send you an email in order for you to send them a copy of the reciept so they could adjust the date of purchase and the warranty.

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi joy_taylor,

Kindly call this number 0207 660 0596

Reference: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

You will be given a case number and they will send you an email in order for you to send them a copy of the reciept so they could adjust the date of purchase and the warranty.

Regards,

ichi

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

Will give them a call and followup with them.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Just a follow up.

I called the HP number, and the lady on the phone said that since its bought through Curry's, I would have to go through them for any warranty issues, and they will honour all HP warranties as though it was bought from HP direct.

Called up Curry's and they will honor it.

Cheers,

Joy

HP Recommended

@joy_taylor wrote:

Just a follow up.

I called the HP number, and the lady on the phone said that since its bought through Curry's, I would have to go through them for any warranty issues, and they will honour all HP warranties as though it was bought from HP direct.

Called up Curry's and they will honor it.

Cheers,

Joy

Glad to know that they will take care of it!

Cheers!

ichi

HP Recommended

Are you sure it is a new computer PC World/Currys/Dixons have history of passing off second hand / refurbished pc's as new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.