Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy 17t-k200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The motherboard on my envy 17t-k200 needs to be replaced.  The part number installed on the refurbished machine is 793272-501.  I have found a motherboard, part number 794984-001.  Is 794984-001 compatible with my envy 17t-k200?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, from the part store, both are for 17T-K200. Now, quick and easy,

• pull out the old board (it may be out already),
  • look at part number,
  • go to part store to order or search online such as Amazon and eBay.

You can't simply but 15" board to a 17" machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes as you can see on the list:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=794984-001

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for that response.  It does raise another question.  The part number 794984-001 according to the part listing is for an Envy 15T-K200.  The question - Part number 793272-501 is for an Envy 17T-K200, so will 794984-001 work in the Envy 17T-K200?

I have tried - I don't know how many different ways - to determine compatibility and have been absolutely frustrated in my attempts.  I certainly hope that your wisdom will assist.  The motherboard on my Envy 17T died.  You can imagine that I want to get it up and running.  Part number 793272-501 or Part number 293272-601 seem to be absolutely unavailable anyplace but maybe HP itself and that company won't help at all.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Part number 793272-501 is also for HP 17T-K200

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=793272-501

Unfortunately no available description therefore very hard to tell. BUT from my understanding HP 17T-K200 is a series of many CTO machines. Some can have Nividia video card and some only have Intel chips. Now, all you have to do is to look at part number on motherboard of your machine now and buy the right one.

After finding the right one, you can order from the links I'vr provided or use part number to buy elsewhere such as Amazon.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

There seems to be a misunderstanding about what I'm asking.

I know that 794984-001 and 793272-501 are in the parts list found in the Repair Manual for the Envy 17, Envy 15 and Envy m7.

What I do not know is what will happen if a put a motherboard (794984-001) identified as being for the Envy 15 into an Envy 17.

What does your background tell you about what will happen?  Will it work?  What issues might there be?

I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like you have NOT read my 2 links (from Part Store). Please read them.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I thank you for the reminder.  I have read and reread the links.  There must be something that I am missing because the question still remains.  

What I find when I read the content of the link for 793272-501 is:

"MOTHERBOARD UMA i7-4720HQ STD"  Then when I click on "Click Here to see the list of HP Products that Part Number  793272-501 is used in."  I am told "HP ENVY 17-K200 NOTEBOOK PC" and "HP ENVY 17-K200 NOTEBOOK PC".

What I find when I read the content of the link for 794984-001 is:

"MOTHERBOARD UMA i7-4720HQ".  That is almost exactly the same label.  Then whin I click on "Click Here to see the list of HP Products that Part Number  794984-001 is used in"

I find:

"HP ENVY 15T-K200 NOTEBOOK PC"  and "HP ENVY 15T-K200 REFURB NOTEBOOK PC"

If there is more to find then I am missing what it is.  

The question remains will the board 794984-001(intended for Envy 15T) work when put into the 17.3 inch HP Envy 17T-K200 in place of the 793272-501 board?  Or another way of putting the question:  What is the significant difference between the board for the 17T and the board for the 15T?

banhien, please don't take offense because no offense is intended.  Call me a SLOW learner if you will but I want, yes even need to know, what I might expect to happen if the 17T board is replaced with the 15T board.  Up to this point I have received nothing that would answer this issue and I don't know where to go to find the answer.  HP Tech Support via Twitter skirts the question after making this statement - "Thanks for posting. Here is a link to your service guide and it shows it will work. ow.ly/c19c3020VLm".  Then latter HP comes back with this Twitter post -  "If it's not listed in the guide, it hasn't been tested and we couldn't make any guarantees."

This is the sort of response to the question I've been receiving.  I am frustrated with the purely ambiguous "answers" without any direction as to how to find a diffinitive answer.

If I'm not being clear in what I am asking then tell me to clarify and point out what about the question is not clear.  If there is no answer anywhere then say as much.

Thank you and I do appreciate your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, from the part store, both are for 17T-K200. Now, quick and easy,

• pull out the old board (it may be out already),
  • look at part number,
  • go to part store to order or search online such as Amazon and eBay.

You can't simply but 15" board to a 17" machine.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks banhein!

It may be of interest to know that I have searched for part 793272-501 (that is the part number of the board in my 17T-K200) on the parts store.  There I find that HP either will not or does not sell the motherboard but does refer me to "contract providers".  Searching from these - NONE of them have the board available.  Searching Amazon gives no replacement board with that number.  Searching Ebay gives no board with that number.  A local computer repair shop reports that they cannot find that board.  Best Buy won't even talk about repair.

So the upshot is - I have to go to HP Repair and the cost will be outrageous.  But if I want the computer, I will bite the bullet and do it that way.

Thanks for all that have contributed to reaching this solution.

Especially banhein and huffer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.