Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17-f115dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Liquid spilled in laptop.  Now keyboard doesn't work.  Also, the screen never shuts off.  The keyboard seems to be part of the complete top along with the touch pad.  Every keyboard that I find seems to be just the keyboard.  I tried to use the HP PartSurfer but it shows about 20 different keyboards. Can anyone help me find the right part?  I'll worry about the screen later.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@havasumike

Right.

Scroll down in the Maintenance manual to Section:

Top cover for HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC computer models

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@havasumike

Which keyboard you want depends on your location on the planet.

From the Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 3, Page 20):

Example:

Component

Top cover (includes keyboard and cable):

Top cover for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC computer models:  With full size textured island-style Keyboard. Touchpad and numeric keypad black for use in the United States

Spare part number

762529-001

If the option is available, try using your serial number when searching for parts on

HP Parts Store

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It is a 17 inch laptop

HP Recommended

@havasumike

Right.

Scroll down in the Maintenance manual to Section:

Top cover for HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC computer models

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Hello dragon fur - I have the exact issue with liquids spilled on my keyboard. I've disassembled according to maintenance manual and have the keyboard still attached to the plastic faceplate. On the underside it is metal along with other parts still attached. There are no more obvious screws to detach the plastic faceplate on top and the metal underbelly, just plastic type rivits to sandwich the three components together. Am I missing something or does the keyboard contain more than just the keyboard?
HP Recommended

Got it installed and it works great.  Now I have to figure out the screen problem.  Will start another message for it.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

@havasumike

Excellent news!

Although computers do let us talk to them now, some of us are still tied to the keyboard.  Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.