Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17-by4000 (18B36AV)

I have been trying to configur my laptop but the 2nd drive will not show up in the BIOS. When i install my SSD in the M.2 slot works good and when i install the SSD Sata in its drive slot it works good. so both drives work but when I go into the BIOS it will only show 1 drive. MY disk manager shows 2 my devise manager shows 2 and file explorer shows 2. But BIOS will only show 1 Or when I start the laptop with F9 to choose which drive to boot from it only shows 1 drive

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @bookstore1369,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

This issue might require one on one interaction over the phone to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the steps to talk to HP Support. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

One of the drives may not have been configured with a drive letter.

You can use Windows DiskPart to  check that and remedy that if it is the case.

diskpart.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes both drives have letters C and D both drivers work when i install them separately. when both are installed they show up on Disk manager Device manager and file explorer but when i start the laptop with F9 only one drive is showing and when i go into the BIOS only one drive is showing.  

HP Recommended

Is one configured as an MBR volume and the other as a GPT volume?

You can find that out  by using Diskpart. 

Use the list disk command in diskpart.

a GPT disk will have a star in the GPT column and MBR volume will not.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.