Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 15-AU628Tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

difference between Smart EM charger adapter and Non em charger Adapter for laptop?

and which charger is good for laptop charging..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@starksun,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see you need information and assistance related to AC Adapter for your Notebook. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

A smart AC adapter can send you a notification over the Internet to let you know that the charging is done.

If it has battery in it then it can notify you where the charger is It can tell you over the Internet how much juice you have in your laptop or how much longer to full charge.

According to the Product specifications your PC was shipped with 65 W EM AC power adapter, so I would recommend you purchase a Smart EM AC Adapter. 

Please go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook and here you will find the parts which are compatible with your PC.

Chapter 1. Product Description - Page number 3 for the part description

Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog - Page number 20 for the part number.

Please note that the parts listed here are the ones which are tested and compatible on your PC.  If you wish you can try other parts at your own discretion. However,  HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance.

Alternatively, If you are comfortable replacing the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

Or else you can contact our HP support team for placing an order. 

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.