Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au628tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

does pavilion series laptop have TPM chip?? and which version of tpm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The specs on the support page do not list any security specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-au600-Notebook-PC/14039870/model/14057679/documen...

But from the HP model specs from your screenshot, it clearly shows it has Trusted Platform Module support.

As I wrote yesterday, there are several model consumer class notebooks and desktop PC's that now come with the TPM 2.0 version hardware to support the W10 Pro bitlocker security.

I know this because I have had to help forum members find the W7 TPM 2.0 driver when they install Windows 7 on their PC's.

But not every new consumer model series does have this TPM hardware.

The model you are interested in, cannot run W7.  It can only run W10.

But since neither of us work for or represent HP, we cannot vouch for the complete accuracy of the specs.

Let me put it this way...on that high end model, I would not be the least bit surprised if it came with a TPM 2.0 chip.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, it (and I could say all consumer class machines) does not have TPM chip. Its specs:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-au600-notebook-pc/14039870/document/c05306750/

If you wish to have TPM chip, please buy a business class machine.  Now my question: What are you trying to setup ? You may be able to find an option.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi:

That used to be the case, but that isn't true anymore.

There are some HP consumer class notebooks and consumer class desktop PC's that now come with the TPM v2.0 hardware.

Unfortunately, I can't say whether or not the 15-au628tx model comes with one though, because it is not listed in the specs or the parts list.

I know the 15-ac111TX does, the 15t-ae100 CTO series does, but the specs and parts list do not mention this fact either.

If you already purchased the notebook, then the easy way to tell is to go to the device manager, and see if there is a Security Devices category.

If there is, click to expand that category, and you should see a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 device listed there.

If you have not puchased the notebook, but can take a look at it in the store model, then you can just check the device manager for that security device before you purchase it.

If there is no Security Devices category in the device manager, then the PC does not have a TPM chip.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).jpg   

HP Recommended

Hi. 

Mr.Banhien,

but i can't understand. HP India why are mention that the TPM support in this consumer class machine. what does mean TPM support???

HP Recommended

The specs on the support page do not list any security specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-au600-Notebook-PC/14039870/model/14057679/documen...

But from the HP model specs from your screenshot, it clearly shows it has Trusted Platform Module support.

As I wrote yesterday, there are several model consumer class notebooks and desktop PC's that now come with the TPM 2.0 version hardware to support the W10 Pro bitlocker security.

I know this because I have had to help forum members find the W7 TPM 2.0 driver when they install Windows 7 on their PC's.

But not every new consumer model series does have this TPM hardware.

The model you are interested in, cannot run W7.  It can only run W10.

But since neither of us work for or represent HP, we cannot vouch for the complete accuracy of the specs.

Let me put it this way...on that high end model, I would not be the least bit surprised if it came with a TPM 2.0 chip.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.