Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy x360 15-cp0053cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  My laptop has started having issues with the touchscreen and shutting off ... and they started happening at the same time.  I suspect the system is waiting for a signal that everything is shutdown before powering off and it's not getting it from some device that draws power along that connector.    The touchscreen has also just completely stopped working.

I suspect the video cable that runs from the motherboard through the hinge and into the controller board is at fault...  It's the 30 pin connector with touchscreen.

I'm unable to find the part number for this part to order... Is it available separately or do I need to try and order a full screen at a cost over half the cost of the laptop itself?

Also, a part number for the rubber feet (or a link to them) would be awesome.. thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@scythefwd 

Please use the following list

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=6EH45UA

As you can see, most of them are N/A from HP Part store, you have to use part # to search online, including eBay

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The cable isn't listed on that parts list with a part #

That said, I pulled the glass today on my system and noticed that the second connector (the small one, not the30 pin connector) had somehow backed itself out of the socket.  I reseated it and not only does my touchscreen work again, it shuts down properly again.  It must have been waiting for the "device has been shut down " signal... and never got it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.