Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i bought 4GB (used to have 2GB)of ram for my laptop and I'm debating on buying 4 more so i went and tried to put 2GB’s ( so that i have 6GB’s of ram) of ram in slot 2 so here comes the problem it does not want to click in properly and its not from the slot itself cause its going in i tried to put my 4GB sodimm in and it still doesn't want to click in it just goes in and doesn't stay in place please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well i have found the fix to my problem so the top slot requires you to push the sodimm at a drastically higher angle than the lower slot 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nickzth 

Unlike desktops, memory slots in laptops have small metal pins on the side that squeeze together to hold the RAM stick in place.  If the pin is not closing, the RAM stick is not pushed in all the way. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

of course i know that the metal pins hold it but i was pushing it quite hard unlike the first slot which works like butter i tried both sodimms nothing works

HP Recommended

well i have found the fix to my problem so the top slot requires you to push the sodimm at a drastically higher angle than the lower slot 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.