Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to set up the bios boot options? I'm trying to boot from usb stick. I want to image this notebook, hp probook 450 G2, using Symantec's ghost cast. On the usb stick are the bootable files for setting up the connection.

I've tried several oprions but nothing seems to work. The usb option won't appear in boot options by pressing F9 after restart.

Is it still possible for Uefi to boot from usb stick? Are there to many security settings?

thanks,

B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found the solution in this complicated BIOS,

First boot without the memorystick, press esc to enter biossettings F10. Enter and close without saving(be sure you activated legacy settings, usb boot selected in checkbox).

Boot again with stick, press F9, usb stick will appear in selectionsmenu.

Still asking where to find some articles explaining in details all the bios setup options>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Found the solution in this complicated BIOS,

First boot without the memorystick, press esc to enter biossettings F10. Enter and close without saving(be sure you activated legacy settings, usb boot selected in checkbox).

Boot again with stick, press F9, usb stick will appear in selectionsmenu.

Still asking where to find some articles explaining in details all the bios setup options>

HP Recommended

can be done better, boot immediate with stick, press F9, no usb device showes up, press esc, F10 enter bios set up. Close with no save, reboot, press F9 again.

HP Recommended

This is a stupid way of getting the bios to recognise usb as a start up option, even if it works, we should ;t have to do this.
USB boot option used to be a standard option on the original bios.

Don't know why HP removed the option on later bios
Hello HP, anyone at home?

Get it fixed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.