Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 350 g1 laptop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought a HP 350 G1 laptop in order to use the mSATA slot. My surprise was when i wanted to install the SSD in the slot, I saw that the slot was not even soldered on the motherboard altought the mSATA "word" is there. I saw in the manual that the models with Intel processor have the support for mSATA and the ones with AMD processor don't support mSATA. I have Intel I5 processor but as I said the mSATA slot is missing. Please someone who has this model to take a look at the slot to see if is there, and please an HP moderator to help me with this problem. The model is in the picture attached. Thank you.hp model.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

cpu.JPG

HP Recommended

20160204_202257.jpg

HP Recommended
To the left of the red box there is no black plastic plugin port? Hard to see
HP Recommended

Hello, no there is not a port present. The little silver lines that you see are present where the port should be soldered.

HP Recommended

The Service Manual:

Manual

definitely says that all Intel models are supposed to have a space for a 32 gig flash cache mSSD. 

I will see if any explanation is available from HP. 

HP Recommended

Can you pm me the serial number and product number.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hello,
Any news from HP team?
Thanks.
HP Recommended

The slot on my HP 350 G1 is missing, too.  I now see the two holes where a slot would fit on the PCB, and then be soldered to those (silver, not gold) leads. Mine is also built on an Intel CPU, so it should have a slot for the mSATA SSD. 

I am probably going to replace the hard drive (750Gb) at some point, and I have been looking at a "flash accelerated" Seagate Firecuda 1Tb drive, that is a hybrid drive. Part of the memory is flash (only 8Gb), so this may give me some of the capability I was seeking with the 32Gb mSATA SSD.

HP Recommended

Isn't the port in the other direction where the gold leads are? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.