Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm aware this is a question for unfinished and unsupported OS, but if anyone could point me in the right direction or provide me a link with up-to-date drivers, I'd be most thankful.

I have ProBook 6560b, with built-in hs2340 Mobile Broadband card (built by Ericsson).

I've tried installing several drivers, including the latest I could find on HP website ( http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5045605&sp... ).

I've tried tricks that helped people when Win 8 and Win 8.1 just came out, like running driver installation in compatibility modes (both Win 8 and Win 7 mode), tried installing HP Connection Manager (also had to install in compatibility mode because it was refusing to start installation on unknown OS), no help.

- I do get driver installed, and Device Manager shows it as working device, fully recognized, no errors or exclamation marks etc

- I cannot use this device to connect online

- if I open HP Connection Manager it says "Device is initializing" forever (tried to leave it 1+ hours, no change).

- Turning device on/off on hardware wireless button can disable device but after enabling it is back to "initializing" forever

- updated hs2340 with latest firmware, from within Windows, and this went without errors, so device is working. Running firmware updater again showed a new version, so it must have worked

- everything was ok in Windows 7 and Windows 8 before installing Windows 10

- it was clean Windows 10 installation (formatted drive), so no old driver residue

Does anyone know where I could look for even newer driver? Maybe a direct link to an Ericsson support page? Looked, did not find one.

Any way to troubleshoot device on a hardware side?

Is HP preparing newer drivers? I hope yes, since this device is still being sold with new computers (in different models of laptops)

Any advice except "don't run alpha versions of OS on your laptop"? I want to solve the problem, not install Windows 7/8.

Thanks in advance to anyone that joins the discussion!

Luka

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have this same problem. My laptop is HP Elitebook 8560p, running windows 10 build 9879. My mobile broadband was working just fine in build ..41 - the previous before i updated to this one. Now  its not working anymore, every seems fine, no errors that i can see, i tried reinstalling the drivers but doesnt help.

I think this problem is caused by the latest build of win 10 preview. If anyone can help please do. 

HP Recommended

I've got to bump up this issue. After several builds and all the updates, issue remains, and HP is silent on the forum as always.

I've also posted another feedback post via Windows Feedback tool, and have posted new reply to the old post in the Windows Forum ( http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-hardware/hp-hs2340-hspa-mobile-broadband... )

Again, if there are any other users experiencing this issue with hs2340 and Windows 10 Technical Preview, please post both here and to the thread linked above (answers.microsoft.com website).

If anyone had resolved it or found a newer driver than v.7.2.8.1 (for any Windows version) please post a link and/or workaround.

Thank you in advance!

Luka

HP Recommended

>and HP is silent on the forum as always.

This is a peer to peer forum, not an HP official site.

Have you tried HP Support Center? 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc?ac.admitted=1419483831860.876444892.199480143

HP Recommended

Setup a APN manually and it wil work.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I 've installed the final build. But I can't connect. It's confusing because I can see all information (like my provider, SIM ID, ...) but there is no "connect" button.  May you can help me? I set upp the APN manually.

Edit: I can see in the Windows 10 connection overview tool  that it's deactivated. But I can't activate it. 😞 The switch is grey. Everything looks fine in the device manager.

Thanks 

Chris

HP Recommended

try to load bios defaults

i set a support request at hp and after resetting all bios defaults it works fine with latest (windows 😎 drivers: sp66584.exe

happy trying and good look

HP Recommended

Hi,

Hope this helps, mine is the hp 6560b and hp hs2340, I had the drivers (HP Probook 6560b Driver pack WIN 64bitinstalled correctly, device was working but no connection, turns out, it was the sim card, needed to be changed to allow it to be just a data connection as well as a normal sim, get your simcard maker and asked them to walk you through it, I am with vodafone and they had me running in no time at all

Regards

Mark

HP Recommended

i have HP Probook 6560b run W10 with HP hs2340 HSPA+ (Ericsson F5521g Mobile Broadband) buy aftermarket.

I found in this link driver for it.

Link is:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_135523_1&sp4ts.oid=5045605

The file is named sp66584.exe

After installation, ONLY with battery inside PC, you find in Start> Devices Manager> Controller USB

HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module USB Device

Inside (COM and LPT) you find HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Device Management (COM4) and HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module NMEA (COM7)

You see also the icon in  notification center Cellular tile.

Hope you fix the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.