Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 260-a110nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all

i have a hp 260-a110nl  where i want to replace  the hd7200 rpm with a new SSD disk.

i changed it, and i tried to reboot via Ms recovery tool, but it doesn't start.It stop on a black screen.

i tried also to boot from a windows 10 dvd ior Usb, with the new hd but it stuck on the boot and it doesn't start

i disable on bios the protect start also.. nothing change.

if i tried to boot with the old disk connected the usb windows 10 boot it  works correctly  and  it starts the windows installation.

why i can't change the disk? btw i tried this process with two different ssd disks, one of the same sie of the original hd7200rpm.

any idea how can i fix it? thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thanks , but the guide is about the replace physically the hard disk, my issue is to recognize and boot after the hd is replace with the new one

on the test i did i connected the two cable to the new ssd disk ( power and sata connector) but on the start up it hangs

HP Recommended

Is the SSD you used a SATA 3  notebook 2.5" unit? That is the only type that is compatible with your desktop PC's motherboard.

The SSD products at the link below are guaranteed compatible with yout desktop PC.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-260-a110nl

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thanks erico, my ssd is in the supported list, even if i replace it and i try to boot from usb or dvd the desktop hangs on boot, and it doesn't start the installation procedure or the reovery provedure

on the bios i set the usb as first in the boot, and if i let the old hd it starts correctly  with the installation of windows 10

HP Recommended

What was the method of installation?

Is the original hard disk still connected?

What volume type was done on the SSD? MBR or GPT?

Was it the same as the original HDD or not?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i tried different procedure, in all case i set the usb- and dvd as first in the boot sequence in the bios.

fist test: i  created a recovery usb  with the microsoft tool, i changed the hd with the new ssd, i  restarted it and the desktop stucks on the boot in a black screen

second test: i changed with the old hd, i restarted with the usb of the recovery tool and it  started correctly the recvoery mode

third test: i tried to boot from a  fresh windows 10 installation disk with the ssd disk, and again it stopped on a black screen without starting the installation

forth test: i did the first test, but with the old hd connected and it starts correctly the windows installation

i ussed two SSD disk , on crucial listed in the supported site of a previsious post and another samsung ... but some behaviour

it seems there is on a boot level something that checks the hd.. if it's not the old 7200 rpm it doesn't go on..in the bios i can't see any option on it

thanks for the support

HP Recommended

Hi All

i m still here with my issue.

i bought a new SSD crucial CT500MX500SSD1 ( included in the supported disk for my desktop https://it.crucial.com/ita/it/aggiornamento-compatibile-per/HP---Compaq/hp-260-a110nl).

i  replace my old hd with the new one, but it stucks on the following screen, even if i try f2, f10, esc, i don't manage to get inside the bios or move on from it

i update the bios to the newest version, restored the default configuration of the bios..nothing change..

any idea?

20191011_194909.jpg
HP Recommended

anyome??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.