Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
probook4440s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so check out this  crazy mad  sitution

iv been using my laptop and its been good ever since

the one day i woke up and  its just crazy hot...  gpu  cpu and mainboard hitting in the 170's 

and as soon as it get hotter is hibernates...

iv cleaned out the laptop .theres no dust and iv updated drivers,,,,

i have no idea why the cpu is so hot even when im just using  google chrome

why is this happening out of the blue... iv even  cleaned out the hard drive and  redone a new OS.... i have no idea what to do next ... the fan works fine., tbh the fan blows hard so it should be cooling,,,idk

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you got a Windows 10 update I'd say that was the problem. My HP 2000 had been fine running Windows 10 

for years (since 2016) until it got an update (mid 2019) and has been running Ultra hot (over 200 degrees) ever since and shuts down or hibernates.

My notebook also has no obstructions and has been clean inside.

Running Linux has been the answer as temps stay around 150.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.