Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360

The left hinge on the laptop (HP Envy x360) that we bought our daughter for Christmas 2017 (1 yr 6mos old) suddenly it's acting up.  It doesn't look broken but she said one day she opened it and it started making clicking sound and noticed the left bottom of the screen was "un-sticking" as she was trying to close laptop.  I also noticed that the gap that is in between the monitor and the bottom portion of the laptop is more narrower on the left side than it is on the right side.   She currently has to open it and close carefully to prevent that from happening.  She's not able to use it as a tablet as she's afraid left hinge will become undone and laptop will separate.  She's needs to be able to use this as a tablet as she's into graphic design/animation and drawing is something needed for these fields.  She has taken good care of the laptop, most of the time she has it seating on her desk, and if she carries it to school she puts it in a padded laptop sleeve.  After researching on this community I see that left hinges breaking on very similar HP products is a common issue.  I would appreciate if someone from HP would contact me to offer a solution. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.