Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

any possible replacement for the motherboard of my probook 4540s ...would prefer one with both a dedicated and integrated graphics card. and with 64 bit os compatibility

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Lots of possible replacements. Here is the Service manual:

Manual 

On some versions of this model the processor is soldered on. On others it is not. So if you are going from soldered to non-soldered you will also need a processor and likely a heatsink. See pages 27-30. So let us know what you have and what you want and we can see if they can be located and somehow shipped to you in Ghana. 

HP Recommended

Particularly looking for one with a dedicated graphics card as well as an integrated one.....I'm not a mainstream I T guy but I think that option may need a heat sink right?

HP Recommended

What specs do you have now? You have a heatsink. The question is whether its the same one used on the dedicated plus integrated video models. 2 chips to cool instead of one. Look at p. 27. Its also going to be important whether your model came with Windows Pro or Standard or no Windows license at all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.