Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc001nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I run HP Support Assistant to get latest drives, today the HP Support Assistant download and install new update for the BIOS after the laptop restart and  install complete then I got final screen appear like this 

c06410619.jpg

after that laptop stuck at black screen the power led on ,power button is on but the screen is blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have contact with HP Turkey (where I leave now ) the said because my laptop out of warranty the can't help me and they will not provide any maintenance by hp authorized laptop maintenance even if I will pay for it  , so at the end I take my laptop to local laptop maintenance the will check it and in case the bios has a problem the will flash a new bios 😣😣

I just want to mention my main problem that Hp Assistant download the hp bios update (official) , the update is process then laptop restart bios update process finish ,laptop restart , the the laptop is dead 💀 , contact with hp support the refuse to give any support.

Thanks for HP , and BIOS temp for destroy my laptop  

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

I try all the option the mention in hp support videos 

like :

remove the charger and run it.

change ram location or remove the ram.

power button and windows + B.

power button and windows + V.

try to update the the BIOS by USB .

remove RTC  battery.

even I remove the internal battery.

Am still don't understand how  HP Support Assistant broke my laptop in this time 😢😢

hop any one can help me to solve this 🙏

HP Recommended

I have  try to create  recovery USB flag drive then I press power button  + windows key + B key but it doesn't work  

HP Recommended

Hi Malbarmavi,

Please find steps that i shared below;

- Unplug all usb devices,battery and power cord.

- Press and Hold "Power Button" for 30 sec.

- After that, Plug battery and power cord in again.

-  Power on again and check status of your device.

If problem persist, Most probably your device has bios corruption issue. 

Please find steps that i shared about bios rollback below;

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
  5. The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.
Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended

I have two different HP laptops and both have had serious problems since the BIOS update downloaded.  It is as if they have a virus or something - pages freeze, screen goes blank, very serious problems both dating to this "update".

HP Recommended

Hi Cagin,

thanks for your answer but I already try all these steps but still I got blank screen ,no BIOS setup has appear or beep sound 

so nothing has change I have even create a BIOS recovery USB flash drive what I have to do now ?? 😞😞

I just want to tell you that I remove the internal laptop battery , RTC battery 

HP Recommended

HI Malbarmavi

I have exactly the same problem,  my hp laptop is being killed by bios update. I have follow the instructions, recommendations and advice and nothing seems to work. very upsetting. Did you sort it your your problem? 

Regards

HP Recommended

I have same issue after bios update, the laptop is unusable. even booting in linux it freezes

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with an HP Pavilion dv7-3078nr, product VU152UA. When the power button is pressed, fans start and indicator lights come on. But the screen and the hard drive activity light stay dark. There is no response to pressing Caps Lock or other keys. Removing charger and battery and holding power button for 30 seconds made no difference. Holding Windows + B or Windows + V when powering on had no effect. I was going to download the BIOS for USB drive recovery, but cannot find a driver download page for this model.

HP Recommended

Hi Cagin

Facing the same issue and followed all the steps you mentioned above, bu didn't resolved the issue.

Even if it gets on , it just shuts off randomly . While my charging light i. e. Red light is on but power on button doesn't lights on nor the laptop.

Kindly revert asap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.