Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6460b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have fitted a new batter to my laptop and it is fully charged but I keep getting the message that my battery is low and to plug in my power adaptor. I've tried a few charge/discharge cycles but it still does it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That likely is related to its not being an HP battery. The smart chip inside is not fully communicating with the motherboard. Go into UEFI diagnostics by tapping esc as you power up then F2. Find power/battery and run the long calibration. Takes several hours. Perhaps if you calibrate it the message will go away but that is not guaranteed. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

From where did you buy the battery? Is it genuine HP or "compatible"?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The battery was purchased from Amazon and not a genuine HP product, but I don't think that is the problem as when charged I get about 7 hours continuous use.

HP Recommended

So describe the problem. What are you not happy about?

HP Recommended

When my old battery died I purchased a new battery from Amazon (not a genuine HP). This new battery charges and operates properly but whenever I boot my laptop I get a blue box on screen with the message 'Your battery is very low. Plug in your pc now.' I dismiss the message and the machine shows no other sign of trouble.

HP Recommended

That likely is related to its not being an HP battery. The smart chip inside is not fully communicating with the motherboard. Go into UEFI diagnostics by tapping esc as you power up then F2. Find power/battery and run the long calibration. Takes several hours. Perhaps if you calibrate it the message will go away but that is not guaranteed. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. I have been looking at other sources for an answer and got the same message. The low battery warning doesn't seem to cause any obvious problems and goes away when cancelled so I will try a calibration via boot up and if that fails I will just live with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.